The Community Food Fund is financed by The Scottish Government and has been created to promote local food and drink.
In relation to Scotland’s National Food and Drink Policy, the Community Food Fund will focus on two main outcomes:
- Supporting development of food trails and networks
- Establish local food and drink event, including farmers’ markets, that celebrate and promote food and drink throughout the year
All projects must show a benefit to local food and drink producers.
When is the Next Submission Date?
The next submission date will be 5pm on Thursday 20th March. Any applications received after this date will automatically go into the following submission round.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
The scheme is open to food and drink producer groups, networks and community organisations. It is not open to individual businesses.
The project needs to fit into at least one of these three categories:
1. Create or enhance a current food and drink network / group / community
2. Create or enhance a food trail
3. Create or enhance local food and drink event(s)
How Much Funding can I Apply for?
Applicants can apply for up to £25,000 per submission round.
Eligible costs will be judged on a case by case basis and at the discretion of the panel.
Please note that although the Panel acknowledge individual time will go into projects, the Community Food Fund cannot be used to fund staff costs.
How do I Apply?
For further information please see the guidance notes.
The Panel request that all applications are discussed with a member of the Think Local team before submission.
Get in Touch
Call 01224 711088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.